SeaSource™ Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen
Buy 6 or more for $32.95 each!
For bulk pricing and purchases outside USA, contact us directly.
Our wild-caught fish contain no growth hormones or antibiotics! (unlike most farm-raised fish and animal collagen)
Easily mixed with fruit juices, coffee, tea, blended with your morning smoothies, or added to meals. Try our recipes.
Ingredients: Pure Fish Collagen. No Additives.
There's no cholesterol, sugar, or fat in our collagen. Review the 'Nutritional Values'.
SUPPORTS BONE HEALTH
Most people are surprised to learn that collagen makes up most of the structure of bone -- about 90% of bone mass! When it comes to building bone density, conventional medicine often looks solely at calcium, but collagen supplementation also plays an important role.”
Like other connective tissue, bone is metabolically active throughout our lives. It is a living tissue. In adults, bones are healthily maintained by a constant remodeling of the bone matrix. This bone remodeling consists of bone resorption and bone formation. The process of bone remodeling is complicated but is hooked into the nutrients available to maintain your bones.
Collagen helps to restore bone density in the human body system and helps stimulate growth and bone strengthening. It is a naturally anti-aging supplement and a powerful addition for those focused on having healthy bones that last a lifetime!
- Elam Marcus L., Johnson Sarah A., Hooshmand Shirin, Feresin Rafaela G., Payton Mark E., Gu Jennifer, and Arjmandi Bahram H.. Journal of Medicinal Food. March 2015, 18(3): 324-331. doi:10.1089/jmf.2014.0100
THE POWER OF COLLAGEN
Collagen as a supplement has been linked to providing healthy joints. In fact, many studies have been performed to determine if collagen hydrolysates help in the treatment of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Moskowitz1 reviewed the status of collagen hydrolysates in 2000 and Bello2 in 2006. Moskowitz concluded that, “Collagen hydrolysate is of interest as a therapeutic agent of potential utility in the treatment of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Its high level of safety makes it attractive as an agent for long-term use in these chronic disorders.” Bello concluded, “A growing body of evidence provides a rationale for the use of collagen hydrolysate for patients with OA.”
Laboratory tests indicate that the increased production of joint cartilage may be initiated by the ingestion of the hydrolyzed collagen while patient testing indicates that some of the peptide groups thought to be required to produce cartilage are absorbed by the blood3. It is not conclusive whether the cartilage growth is initiated by the presence of the hydrolyzed collagen or whether the hydrolyzed collagen provides the peptide chains for growth. It's possible that the increased production of joint cartilage is caused by one or both mechanisms.
- Moskowitz R.W., Role of collagen hydrolysate in bone and joint disease, Seminars Arthritis Rheum 2000: Oct; 30(2):87-99
- Bello A.E., Collagen hydrolysate for the treatment of osteoarthritis and other joint disorders: a review of the literature, Current Medical Research Opinions 2006: Nov;22(11):2221-32
- Ohara H, Comparison of quantity and structures of hydroxyproline-containing peptides in human blood after oral ingestion of gelatin hydrolysates from different sources, Journal Agric Food Chem, 2007 Feb 21;55(4):1532-5
Skin, Nails & Hair Health
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen contains much larger amounts of the amino acids glycine and proline than many other proteins. These amino acids are necessary for promoting healthy tissue growth of hair, skin and nails. A recommended dose of 10 grams (2 tablespoons) a day in the diet is optimum.
Recent studies in Europe and Japan have indicated the benefit of consuming 10 grams of hydrolyzed collagen to improve skin hydration and reduce the number of micro and deep wrinkles compared to a placebo1.
- Sibilla S., An Overview of the Beneficial Effects of Hydrolysed Collagen as a Nutraceutical on Skin Properties: Scientific Background and Clinical Studies, The Open Nutraceutical Journal, February 2015, Vol. 8, 29-42. http://benthamopen.com/ABSTRACT/TONUTRAJ-8-29
Norland Products obtains their SeaSource™ Collagen exclusively from Kenney & Ross, Limited in Canada and has been closely asociated with K&R for over 55 years. K&R only manufactures Fish Gelatin and Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen.Visit Our Company Website